Carroll County

Carroll County was created from Creek Indian lands in 1825 and became the site of the state's first gold rush a year later. It is named for Charles Carroll of Maryland, the last surviving signer of the Declaration of Independence. Carrollton, the county seat, was also the name of his plantation in Maryland. The town was actually moved eight miles from its original location. Some of the county's original territory was taken to form Douglas, Haralson, Heard and Troup counties.

Contact Information

Address P.O. Box 338, Carrollton GA 30112
Telephone 770.830.5801
Fax 770.830.5992
Website http://www.carrollcountyga.com

County Data

Snapshot County Snapshot from the GA Dept. of Community Affairs
Census Carroll County Census Data from U.S. Census
Other Data Sets County QuickFacts from the U.S. Census Bureau
Georgia Encyclopedia County Page from The New Georgia Encyclopedia
Wages & Salaries Local Government Wage and Salary Survey from DCA
Labor Market Georgia Labor Market Explorer & Analysis
Sales Tax Sales and Property Tax Rates from DOR
Hotel/Motel Tax Hotel/Motel Tax Report from DCA

Statistics and Rates

2008 Population 113688 (State Rank: 19)
Incorporated Millage Rage 15.73
Unincorporated Millage Rate 8.5
County Bond 0
School Maintenance/Operations 18.1
School Bond 0
Total Incorporated 33.83
Total Unincorporated 26.6

 

County Officials