Glascock County

Glascock County was created in 1857 from part of Warren County. It is named for General Thomas Glascock who earned his rank in the War of 1812 and in the Seminole War. He was speaker of the Georgia House and a member of Congress. Judge William Gibson donated $500 toward construction of the first courthouse and got a county seat named after him.

Contact Information

Address P.O. Box 66, Gibson GA 30810
Telephone 706.598.2671
Fax 706.598.3638
Website http://www.glascockcountyga.com/

County Data

Snapshot County Snapshot from the GA Dept. of Community Affairs
Census Glascock County Census Data from U.S. Census
Other Data Sets County QuickFacts from the U.S. Census Bureau
Georgia Encyclopedia County Page from The New Georgia Encyclopedia
Wages & Salaries Local Government Wage and Salary Survey from DCA
Labor Market Georgia Labor Market Explorer & Analysis
Sales Tax Sales and Property Tax Rates from DOR
Hotel/Motel Tax Hotel/Motel Tax Report from DCA

Statistics and Rates

2008 Population 2796 (State Rank: 156)
Incorporated Millage Rage 14.39
Unincorporated Millage Rate 14.39
County Bond 0
School Maintenance/Operations 12.89
School Bond 0
Total Incorporated 27.28
Total Unincorporated 27.28

 

County Officials