Taliaferro County

Taliaferro County was once known as "Five Points" because it was carved from five counties: Hancock, Greene, Oglethorpe, Wilkes and Warren. It dates to 1825 and is named for Colonel Benjamin Taliaferro of Lighthorse Harry Lee's Legion during the Revolutionary War. Crawford, the county seat, is named for William H. Crawford, a U. S. secretary of the treasury and minister to the court of Napoleon.

Contact Information

Address P.O. Box 114, Crawfordville GA 30631
Telephone 706.456.2229
Fax 706.456.2904
Website http://taliaferrocountyga.org

County Data

Snapshot County Snapshot from the GA Dept. of Community Affairs
Census Taliaferro County Census Data from U.S. Census
Other Data Sets County QuickFacts from the U.S. Census Bureau
Georgia Encyclopedia County Page from The New Georgia Encyclopedia
Wages & Salaries Local Government Wage and Salary Survey from DCA
Labor Market Georgia Labor Market Explorer & Analysis
Sales Tax Sales and Property Tax Rates from DOR
Hotel/Motel Tax Hotel/Motel Tax Report from DCA

Statistics and Rates

2008 Population 1863 (State Rank: 159)
Incorporated Millage Rage 22.42
Unincorporated Millage Rate 21.37
County Bond 0
School Maintenance/Operations 18
School Bond 0
Total Incorporated 40.42
Total Unincorporated 39.37

 

County Officials