Cusseta-Chattahoochee County

Chattahoochee County was given its territory from parts of Marion and Muscogee counties in 1854. The river which Indians called Chattahoochee (meaning red rock) is the origin of its name, while Cusseta, the county seat, is named for one of the principal Lower Creek Indian tribes. Fort Benning Military Reservation takes up nearly three-quarters of Chattahoochee County's territory. Near the fort's present day headquarters is the site of the "Peace Town of the Lower Creeks" which Hernando DeSoto mentioned in his journal in 1540.

Contact Information

Address P.O. Box 299, Cusseta GA 31805
Telephone 706.989.3602
Fax 706.989.2005
Website http://www.ugoccc.us

County Data

Snapshot County Snapshot from the GA Dept. of Community Affairs
Census Cusseta-Chattahoochee County Census Data from U.S. Census
Other Data Sets County QuickFacts from the U.S. Census Bureau
Georgia Encyclopedia County Page from The New Georgia Encyclopedia
Wages & Salaries Local Government Wage and Salary Survey from DCA
Labor Market Georgia Labor Market Explorer & Analysis
Sales Tax Sales and Property Tax Rates from DOR
Hotel/Motel Tax Hotel/Motel Tax Report from DCA

Statistics and Rates

2008 Population 13754 (State Rank: 109)
Incorporated Millage Rage 8.637
Unincorporated Millage Rate 8.637
County Bond 0
School Maintenance/Operations 16.4
School Bond 0
Total Incorporated 25.037
Total Unincorporated 25.037

 

County Officials