Dodge County

Dodge County was given territory from Montgomery, Pulaski and Telfair counties in 1870. It is named for William E. Dodge, a New York lumber man who owned vast timber acreage in Georgia and who per­suaded Congress to remove taxation from timber. He built the county's first courthouse as a gift. Eastman, the county seat, is named for one of his associates, W. P. Eastman.

Contact Information

Address P.O. Box 818, Eastman GA 31023
Telephone 478.374.4361
Fax 478.374.8121
Website http://www.dodgecountyga.com

County Data

Snapshot County Snapshot from the GA Dept. of Community Affairs
Census Dodge County Census Data from U.S. Census
Other Data Sets County QuickFacts from the U.S. Census Bureau
Georgia Encyclopedia County Page from The New Georgia Encyclopedia
Wages & Salaries Local Government Wage and Salary Survey from DCA
Labor Market Georgia Labor Market Explorer & Analysis
Sales Tax Sales and Property Tax Rates from DOR
Hotel/Motel Tax Hotel/Motel Tax Report from DCA

Statistics and Rates

2008 Population 20116 (State Rank: 90)
Incorporated Millage Rage 9.75
Unincorporated Millage Rate 9.75
County Bond 0
School Maintenance/Operations 12
School Bond 0
Total Incorporated 21.75
Total Unincorporated 21.75

 

County Officials