Randolph County

Randolph County was created in 1828 from Lee County and named for John Randolph of Virginia. Its original land included territory later given to Quitman, Stewart, Webster and parts of Clay and Terrell counties. Cuthbert, the county seat, is named for John A. Cuthbert, an editor, congressman and jurist.

Contact Information

Address P.O. Box 221, Cuthbert GA 39840
Telephone 229.732.6440
Fax 229.732.5364
Website http://www.randolphcountyga.com

County Data

Snapshot County Snapshot from the GA Dept. of Community Affairs
Census Randolph County Census Data from U.S. Census
Other Data Sets County QuickFacts from the U.S. Census Bureau
Georgia Encyclopedia County Page from The New Georgia Encyclopedia
Wages & Salaries Local Government Wage and Salary Survey from DCA
Labor Market Georgia Labor Market Explorer & Analysis
Sales Tax Sales and Property Tax Rates from DOR
Hotel/Motel Tax Hotel/Motel Tax Report from DCA

Statistics and Rates

2008 Population 7161 (State Rank: 142)
Incorporated Millage Rage 12.615
Unincorporated Millage Rate 11.595
County Bond 0
School Maintenance/Operations 17.08
School Bond 0
Total Incorporated 29.695
Total Unincorporated 28.675

 

County Officials