GHRAC Award Nominations
The Georgia Historical Records Advisory Council (GHRAC) established the Outstanding Archives Awards Program in 2003 to recognize outstanding efforts in archives and records work in Georgia. By publicly recognizing excellent achievements, the Board strives to inspire others. Hundreds of organizations and individuals play a significant role in the preservation of our state’s documentary heritage.
GHRAC has twelve different award categories for individuals and organizations. Award recipients will be honored at the Georgia Archives by the GHRAC Board at a ceremony during Archives Month in October. Nominations must be postmarked on or before June 1, 2018.
All of the following are eligible for an award. (You may nominate your own organization.)
- local governments, courts, school systems, state agencies, and institutions
- historical records repositories, historical societies, libraries, and museums
- educators, students, and researchers
- legislators and government officials
- individuals and organizations who support archives and records management
- specialized subject societies in related fields such as oral history, genealogy, folklore, archaeology, business history, etc.
Information about the GHRAC Awards Program is located on the website of the Georgia Archives, www.georgiaarchives.org. On the homepage, under “Announcements” click on “GHRAC Solicits Award Nominations.” You can then click on links for the Nomination Form and instructions, the Award Categories and Selection Criteria for all 12 awards categories, and a list of all prior award recipients.