Free Opioid Misuse Enforcement Training
On May 30, 2018, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m., Attorney General Carr is offering a free one-day course on Opioid Misuse Enforcement Training to examine issues surrounding the investigation and prosecution of opioid-related cases. The course is intended for both law enforcement officers and prosecutors. The AG is seeking POST/CLE/Chiefs credit. It will be held in the Auditorium at the State Bar of Georgia. Because there is no charge, refreshments and lunch will not be provided. Registration can be done online or onsite beginning at 8:30 a.m.
- State of the Opioid Crisis in Georgia
- Investigating Opioid Overdoses as Homicides
- Department of Justice Opioid Initiatives Update from the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia
- Unintended Consequences of the Opioid Epidemic
- Medically Assisted Treatment
- Addiction Studies