2019 Capitol Connection Conference
Registration is now open for the 2019 ACCG Capitol Connection Conference. Join us February 27-28 in Atlanta/Fulton County.
Governor Brian Kemp, Lt. Governor Geoff Duncan and House Speaker David Ralston Confirmed to Speak at the Joint Legislative Breakfast
Governor Kemp, Lt. Governor Duncan and Speaker Ralston are all confirmed to speak at the Joint Legislative Breakfast, "Counties & Cities Working Together, during this year's Captiol Connection Conference. The breakfast will take place on Thursday, Feb. 28th at 7:30 a.m. in the Freight Room at the Georgia Railroad Freight Depot.
Why Capitol Connection?
County government is often described as “where the rubber meets the road”. County officials are the eyes and ears of Georgia’s local communities and serve as the local decision makers. It is imperative for them to maintain active dialogue with their legislative delegations to ensure that legislation enables them to do their jobs effectively. Ensuring that county officials are aware of legislation that impacts local government is a core tenet of ACCG. The Capitol Connection Conference will not only do that, but it will also connect county leaders with their legislators and other key state leaders.
In addition to connecting county and state leaders, the Capitol Connection Conference will allow county officials to receive real-time updates on what is taking place under the Gold Dome as they hear firsthand from the ACCG policy team about the potential implications proposed bills will have on county governments.
Connect with State Leaders AND Take a Course in the Lifelong Learning Academy
Conference attendees will also have a chance to complete a course in the ACCG Lifelong Learning Academy. The following courses are being offered on Wednesday, February 27 from 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. at The Omni Hotel at CNN Center:
- CORE: County Government Finance
- CORE: Human Resources
- CORE: Public Safety & Public Health
- SPECIALTY: Navigating Change (CE)
- SPECIALTY: Managing Meetings (COM)
- SPECIALTY: Public Safety: Developing Collaborative Strategies & Practices (PS)
- SPECIALTY: Federal & State Budgeting (RF)
Contact your county clerk to register today. Click here to view the conference agenda for more details.
Housing Deadline Extended to Tuesday, February 5!
The designated conference hotel is The Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, located at 100 CNN Center, Atlanta, GA 30303. Contracted room rates for our reserved ACCG block are $189 per night (single/double); $209 per night (triple); $229 per night (quad).
- ACCG does not handle hotel reservations. Contact the hotel directly at: https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/atlanta-cnn-center/meetings/accg-2019 or call 1-800-THE-OMNI or (404) 659-0000. Be sure to mention you are with our ACCG group.
- Hotel reservations will fill up fast, so plan to make them as soon as you register for the conference.
- The housing block CUT-OFF is 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 5! Rates are guaranteed until this date/time. After this date/time, the negotiated ACCG block rates may not be available.
- For hotel information and directions, please check the hotel’s website.
- Parking is available at the hotel at a rate of $45 per night, per vehicle.
Choose Enterprise Rental for Your Travel Needs
Don’t forget about the Georgia county government discount with Enterprise Rent-A-Car when considering your travel needs. The discount also includes rentals made through National. Enterprise is the preferred provider of rental vehicle services for ACCG. Click here for more information.