Coronavirus: Information for Georgia County Officials
ACCG is closely monitoring the spread of Coronavirus Disease 2019, commonly called Coronavirus – or COVID-19, by staying in touch with our federal and state government partners. ACCG will share any important information received with county officials by email and also post it here as a quick reference so that you can make informed decisions for your community.
At the national level, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is the best source for information. At the state level, Governor Kemp has appointed the Georgia Coronavirus Task Force, led by the Georgia Department of Public Health, to direct information distribution and response.
The first two known cases of COVID-19 in Georgia were announced by Governor Brian Kemp in a press conference held on March 2, 2020.
Below you will find several links to resources that provide more information about COVID-19.
Georgia Department of Public Health Daily Status Reports
The Georgia Department of Public Health provides daily status reports regarding the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the state. Confirmed cases are defined as a person who has tested positive for 2019 novel coronavirus. Status reports are updated daily at noon and 7 p.m. Click here to access the most recent report.
COVID-19 Hotline - (844) 442-2681
The State of Georgia has a COVID-19 hotline. If you believe that you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to the novel coronavirus, please contact your primary care doctor or an urgent care clinic. Please do not show up unannounced at an emergency room or health care facility.
Additional Georgia Information
- Governor Kemp’s News Conferences
- Governor Kemp's Press Releases
- Georgia Coronavirus Task Force
- Georgia Department of Public Health
- Georgia Department of Public Health Guidance on COVID-19
- Georgia Department of Public Health Press Releases
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Information
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Information: About COVID-19
- CDC Factsheet: What You Need to Know about COVID-19
- CDC Factsheet: What to Do if You are Sick from COVID-19
- CDC Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19
- CDC Information on Preventing COVID-19 Spread in Communities
- CDC Information about COVID-19 for Travel, Businesses, Pregnant Women & Children and Schools
ACCG Resources for County Officials
- State Laws Impacting Counties During A Public Health Emergency
- Access to and the Use of the Courthouse During a Public Health Emergency
- What Your County Needs to Know About 2020 Census Collections and Outreach
- Essential Service Provider Requests
- Model Resolution Waiving Tax Penalties Interest
Click here to access advisories issued by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) regarding updates on response to COVID-19.
National Association of County Resources
Additional COVID-19 resources for counties can be found on the National Association of Counties (NACo) website. Through its County Explorer tool, NACo is tracking state of emergency declarations. If your county has issued an emergency declaration or shelter-in-place policy not reflected in County Explorer, please contact send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summary of Secretary of State and ACCG Executive Committee Call - March 27, 2020
- Johns Hopkins Center for Systems Science & Engineering: COVID-19 Global Cases Interactive Map
Presentation from the Georgia Municipal Association Webinar with Emory Infectious Disease Expert; Click here to access the audio file to listen to the presentation.*ACCG would like to thank our partners at the Georgia Municipal Association for hosting the webinar and for making this information available to all local government officials.