ACCG Program Boards
Here are the ACCG program boards. Click on the board you would like to see the members.
Insurance Board of Trustees
ACCG - GSIWCF is a cooperative self-insured arrangement, created to finance or self-insure workers' compensation coverage. The fund is owned by its members and managed by a seven-member Board of Trustees composed of representatives from participating counties. It is regulated by the Georgia Insurance Commissioners Office.
Board of Trustees
- Frederick Favors, McDuffie County Commissioner - Chairman
- Travis Turner, White County Chairman - Vice-Chairman
- Desse Davis, Emanuel County Chairman
- Chris Dockery, Lumpkin County Chairman
- Bruce Holmes, Henry County Commissioner
- Nancy Schulz, Newton County Commissioner
- Ellen Warren, Morgan County Commissioner
ACCG - IRMA is a self-insured pool that members join to provide insurance coverage for property, automobile, general liability, law enforcement liability, public official's liability, crime and boiler and machinery exposures. It is owned by its members and managed by a Board of Trustees appointed from participating counties. Because county governments operate different types of agencies from the private section – such as law enforcement, jails, and roads – their exposures are unique and require specialized coverage.
Board of Trustees
- Charles Newton, McDuffie County Chairman - Chairman
- J.C. Warren, Screven County Commissioner - Vice Chairman
- Alphya Benefield, Charlton County Commissioner
- Jimmy Burnsed, Bryan County Chairman
- Ray Mosley, Bulloch County Commissioner
- Dale Provenzano, Glynn County Commissioner
- Janie Reid, Putnam County Commissioner
ACCG - Group Health Benefits Program is a group program that provides health care coverage and benefits to member counties and their employees. ACCG - GHBP contracts with BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia (BCBSGa) and uses the pooling concept to group all members together, keeping premiums as low as possible. The program also offers a self-insured option for larger counties that want to retain a portion of the risk; BCBSGa claims services and discounts are provided. In addition to health insurance, ACCG - GHBP offers opportunities to reduce the cost of medical care for county inmates through the Inmate Medical Savings Program. Savings may be realized by using BlueCross BlueShield provider networks for routine care or by insuring against large, catastrophic losses.
Board of Directors
- Michael Mulcare, Douglas County Commissioner - President
- Ross King, ACCG Executive Director- Secretary/Treasurer
- Jill Griffin, Evans County Commissioner
- Larry Schlesinger, Macon - Bibb County Commissioner
- Natalie Crawford, Habersham County Commissioner
Retirement Services Board of Trustees
The Defined Benefit Program is managed by a nine-member Board of Trustees appointed by the ACCG Board of Managers, and is comprised of county elected and appointed officials.
- L.B. "Buzz" Ahrens, Cherokee County Chairman - Chairman
- W. Michael Babb, Whitfield County Chairman
- Karen Fraser, Walton County Human Resources Director
- Randy Hartmann, ACCG COO-Secretary
- Henry Mitchell, Douglas County Commissioner
- Tom Patton, Crisp County Manager
- Kevin Poe, Jackson County Manager
- Paul Smith, Ware County Manager
- H. Jay Walker, III, Houston County Commissioner
The Defined Contribution Program (401(a) and 457(b) deferred compensation) is managed by a nine-member Board of Trustees appointed by the ACCG Board of Managers, and is comprised of county elected and appointed officials.
- Gary Bechtel, Macon-Bibb County Commissioner
- Jeff Benko, Oconee County Administrator
- Lori Boyen, Glascock County Commissioner
- Ross King, ACCG Executive Director- Secretary
- Rick Muggridge, Lee County Chairman - Chairman
- Jeff Rader, DeKalb County Commissioner
- William Wilson, Spalding County Manager
- Clinton Johnson, Dougherty County Commissioner
- Stefanie Drake Burford, Polk County Chairman