ACCG EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Tel: (404) 522-5022
Ross King serves as the executive director for ACCG, Georgia’s counties association. ACCG works on behalf of Georgia’s county officials and their communities, with a focus on public policy and advocacy, leadership development, civic and community engagement and cost-efficient programs such as insurance and retirement. He has worked for ACCG since 1987, serving as the association’s policy director and deputy director prior to his appointment as Executive Director in May 2010.
Mr. King has dedicated his career to public service. He began his professional career in 1982 in Americus, Georgia as the Administrative Assistant to the Mayor and City Council. He also served as the first state program coordinator for the Georgia Environmental Finance Authority (GEFA) prior to joining ACCG.
He serves as 1st Vice President of the National Council of County Association Executives, National Chair of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources Foundation and as a member of the County Reinsurance Limited (CRL) Board of Directors, and the Georgia Historical Records Advisory Council.
Memberships & Affiliations
- ACCG Board of Managers
- Board Member: ACCG Defined Contributions Board
- Board Member: ACCG Group Health Benefits Board
- Board Member: County Reinsurance Limited
- Georgia Historical Records Advisory Board Council
- Vice-Chair: Georgia Department of Natural Resources Foundation
- Georgia Trend's 100 Most Influential Georgians (2010-2017)
- ACCG Policy Director and Deputy Director 1987-2010
- Bachelor of Arts degree at High Point University, in High Point, North Carolina
- Masters of Public Administration degree at the University of Tennessee in Knoxville