ACCG Insurance HR Legal Service
Facing a difficult employment matter? Have a litigious employee? Confronted with a request for leave or accommodation that you don’t know how to handle? Confused by the cross-over of various employment laws?
The actions you take on the front end of such employment issues will have a direct impact on the liability exposure for your county or authority. That’s why the ACCG Property & Liability Program is providing local government managers with access to employment law specialists, Jarrard & Davis – because it’s important to be sure before you act. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, and therefore, the ACCG Property & Liability Program is offering HR Legal Services to help your organization avoid claims and reduce your risk of liability by making informed decisions at the onset of employment issues.
Act with Confidence – Protect against Claims
The employment law consultation is a limited resource offered at no additional cost to local governments who are members of the ACCG Property & Liability Program (ACCG-IRMA). Here’s how it works:
- If you have a question related to an employment matter, contact the liaison appointed for your local government right away. Usually, it’s your HR director, county manager or county attorney.
- The liaison will complete a simple online form with a summary of your situation. To submit a Request for Assistance, click the icon below.
- By the close of the next business day – or sooner – an employment law attorney with Jarrard & Davis will be in touch with your liaison.
- If you do NOT receive a response within 24 hours, please call 404-522-5022 and ask for Ashley Abercrombie or Dena Stewart.
What Kinds of Questions Can I Ask?
It is common to receive inquiries about:
- Employee disciplinary action, including termination
- Allegations of harassment, discrimination or retaliation
- Questions about:
- Reductions in force / reorganizations
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (i.e., employment discrimination)
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Other Important Information
The legal consultation is limited in scope and not intended to replace any of the services afforded by your county attorney, your HR Department or HR consulting firms. These resources provide essential services, enabling members to establish and maintain effective HR programs.
This value-added service shall not include the following:
- Representing the county before a claim is filed in a court or administrative hearing appearance
- In-person meeting with county or authority
- Drafting or sending letters
- Writing or changing employment policies, handbooks or personnel descriptions
- Circumstances that will require extensive legal research or time
The designated liaison for your local government must be the point of contact with Jarrard & Davis.
Click on the above link to get answers to commonly asked questions on the HR Legal Service.
Click on the above link to pull up the HR Legal Services brochure that can be shared with the departmental supervisors and managers on the “Be Sure Before You Act” concept. Attach a label with the HR Liaison’s contact information so the supervisors and managers know who to call if they have questions regarding employment matters.
All counties and authorities that are members of the ACCG Property & Liability Program (ACCG-IRMA) were asked to designate a liaison to serve as the primary point of contact with Jarrard & Davis. Click on the above link to designate or change your liaison and send the form to [email protected]