ACCG 2017 Annual Conference
"All in – Together We Thrive!"
Are you ready for this years conference? Registration is now available so mark your calenders and get ready to discover how working together leads to success!
The annual conference will be held at the Savannah International Trade and Convention Center on April 28- May 1. The annual conference is one the largest ACCG events that places an emphasis on empowering leaders and enstilling the skills needed to be a strong official. In addition to the continuing education sessions provided, attendees will join ACCG staff as they give a brief analysis of the Legislative Update and participate in electing officer and board members. Join fellow county officials as they gather for this exciting opportunity to complete courses in the Lifelong Learning Acadamy and network with state and county leaders. Click here for a tentative conference agenda.
Don't forget to visit the conference website!
Inky Johnson will serve as the keynote speaker for the Lifelong Learning Academy luncheon where commissioners will be recognized for completing certification requirements in the association’s training and education program. Johnson, known for his time as a University of Tennessee Volunteer, is not your ordinary motivational speaker. In fact, he inspires listeners with his Inkspirations as he uses his life journey as an example of what it means to overcome all and any limitations.
Keni Thomas will help open the conference on Saturday with his keynote address to county officials. Thomas is a former U.S. Army Ranger who was a member of the special operations team that led the Battle of Mogadishu, also known as Black Hawk Down. Thomas is known for captivating audiences with his incredible story of how his team worked together to bring each other home while completing their overall mission.
ACCG Lifelong Learning Academy Schedule
Friday, April 28th:
- Core: County Government Finance
- Core: Economic Development
- Core: Ethics
- Specialty: Health and Wellness (Quality of Life/Social Issues track)
- Specialty: Effective County Government (Civic Engagement track)
- Specialty: Constitutional Officers (Intergovernmental Relations track)
- Specialty: Commission-Staff Relations (County Operations and Management track)
- Specialty: Federal and State Budgeting (Revenue and Finance track)
- Specialty: Law Enforcement in Counties (Public Safety track)
- Specialty: Managing Growth (Economic and Community Development track)
Monday, May 1st:
- Core: County Government Law
- Core: Human Resources
- Core: Public Safety and Public Health
- Specialty: Board Dynamics (Leadership Development rack)
- Specialty: Intergovernmental Agreements (Revenue and Finance track)
- Specialty: Air, Land and Water (County Operations and Management track)
- Specialty: Workforce Development (Economic and Community Development track)
Continuing education hours will be granted for attending the Lifelong Learning Academy Leadership Luncheon on April 28th, the Opening General Session, Business Meeting, Legislative Update and Continuing Education Sessions on April 29th, and the Continuing Education and Explore Chatham County session on April 30th.
Registration is now available. Contact your County Clerk to register for this amazing event.
Questions? Contact Carol Baker at 404-522-5022; firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Conference Housing
The housing deadline is March 27, 2017. Housing reservations will again be made through Visit Savannah! this year. The system allows you to receive confirmation of hotel reservations almost immediately. Once you have registered with ACCG for the meeting, you will receive a confirmation of registration that will carry instructions on making hotel reservations.
Please check Visit Savannah! for information on the convention hotels – www.visitsavannah.com. Click on Accommodations, then on Browse by Location and click on Historic District. The site also has maps of Savannah and information on dining and tours.