ACCG Insurance GHBP: Group Health Benefits Program
ACCG - Group Health Benefits Program is a group program that provides health care coverage and benefits to member counties and their employees. ACCG - GHBP contracts with BlueCross BlueShield of Georgia (BCBSGa) and uses the pooling concept to group all members together, keeping premiums as low as possible. The program also offers a self-insured option for larger counties that want to retain a portion of the risk; BCBSGa claims services and discounts are provided. In addition to health insurance, ACCG - GHBP offers opportunities to reduce the cost of medical care for county inmates through the Inmate Medical Savings Program. Savings may be realized by using BlueCross BlueShield provider networks for routine care or by insuring against large, catastrophic losses.
Board of Directors
- Dave Wills, ACCG Executive Director - Secretary/Treasurer
- Patrick Farrell, Chatham County Commissioner - President
- Ben Hendrix, Barrow County Commissioner - Vice President
- Donald Lovette, Liberty County Chair - Chairman
- Sheila Williams, Seminole County - Chairperson